- Home Energy Audits
- Home Performance Contracting
- Rebates & Financing
October 3, 2018
Safety-Check Your Chimney
Chimney fires are responsible for millions of dollars in household damage every year, and there are thousands each year in the US alone.
- Survey any structural damage
- Find anything blocking the chimney
- Make sure the damper is working
Insulate Your Home
Insulation is one of the most cost effective ways to improve home comfort and energy efficiency. Insulating and air sealing can save you around 15% on your home heating costs.
- Schedule an energy audit to locate problem areas
- Have insulation installed in key areas, especially the attic
Inspect Your Gutters
Regular gutter cleaning helps prevent exterior damage, keeps your basement dry and saves you from making expensive home repairs.
- Protect your gutters with mesh
- Clean your gutters, ideally in late summer
Identify & Seal Air Leaks
You could save as much as 10% in heating costs by fixing cracks and gaps in caulk and weather stripping materials.
- Hire a profession to air seal
- Alternatively, use caulk or weather stripping materials to seal cracks and gaps in your home
Clean Your Filters
- Clean any disposable or foam filters
- Make sure to toss any used disposables
Have Your Furnace Inspected
Maintaining your furnace can be far more economical than replacing it.
- Schedule an annual fall furnace inspection
- Stay consistent with inspection for best results
Ready to get your home buttoned up for the winter? Contact Assured Insulation Solutions today to learn more or to schedule an appointment!